You shouldn’t use just any brush to clean leather seats in your car. There are dedicated brushes for leather, and you should use them. In this post, I’ll show you the best brushes for cleaning leather car seats.
- You should use only soft brushes for cleaning leather car seats. Soft brushes will gently clean leather and are able to enter all the pores and clean them.
- Chemical Guys Horse Hair Leather Cleaning Brush is the best leather cleaning brush for cars.
- Cheap, soft brushes for shoes can also be used if you have nothing else.
3 Best Brushes For Cleaning Leather Car Seats
In my opinion, these three brushes are the best you can get for cleaning car leather seats.
1. Chemical Guys Horse Hair Leather Cleaning Brush
- GENTLE YET EFFECTIVE - Perfect for cleaning leather seats and upholstery without causing damage.
- VERSATILE USE - Suitable for leather, fabric, canvas; perfect for cleaning seats, upholstery, bags,...
- DEEP CLEANING - Horse hair bristles penetrate deep into leather pores for a thorough clean.
The Long Bristle Horse Hair Leather Cleaning Brush from Chemical Guys is my no. 1 recommendation when it comes to cleaning car leather seats.
This brush is made with natural horse hair bristles. Horse hair is known for its softness, durability, and its excellent cleaning properties.
This brush is stiff enough to clean away any dirt, but it’s still very gentle, not to damage or crack leather car seats.
The ergonomically designed handle is what I like a lot. That way, it’s easier to work continuously without tiring too much.
Also, you’re not limited to using this brush on leather only. You can use it on upholstery, rubber, and vinyl too.
2. Adam’s Cockpit Detailing Brush
- ✅ DESIGNED FOR DEEP CLEANING - Adam’s Cockpit Brush is the perfect brush to use with your...
- ✅ VERSATILE, COMPACT & POWERFUL SCRUBBING ACTION - We made this for interior surfaces but it also...
- ✅ ADAM'S HIGH STANDARD OF QUALITY BRUSHES & CAR CLEANING ACCESSORIES - This product was made with...
Adam’s Cockpit Detailing Brush is another excellent brush you can use on leather car seats.
Even though it’s not a leather cleaning brush in the first place, you can safely use it on the car leather seats.
Adam’s is a high-quality brand well-known in the car detailing community, and with their products, you’ll rarely make a mistake.
It is a chemical-resistant product, so you can use any APC or leather cleaner with it.
3. Colourlock Leather and Textile Cleaning Brush
- VERSATILE: The handy and only 120x39mm large brush is suitable for a wide variety of applications,...
- DAMP CLEANING: Together with our leather cleaner, detergent or plastic cleaner, dirt on smooth...
- DRY CLEANING: The cleaning brush is also suitable for brushing up or removing dirt from suede...
The Colourlock Leather Cleaning Brush is also one of the best brushes you can use to clean leather seats in your car. It’s a very effective but gentle brush.
With this brush, you’ll easily remove any dirt from pigmented leather seats and bring them a fresh new look again.
It’s a German product, and it has a real wooden handle that will last forever. Also, it’s not too big so that you can clean the small corners of leather car seats.
You can also use this brush to safely clean Alcantara seats, as well as all other plastics in your car. That makes this product an all-in-one brush for detailing the interior of your vehicle.
You Can’t Use Just Any Brush
Leather seats are trendy and highly desirable equipment for every car. However, they are susceptible, and yet, not many people pay attention to that.
Three things that leather seats are sensitive to:
- harsh chemicals
- stiff bristles
- wrong cleaning techniques
People often use the stiffest brush possible, thinking that they’ll clean leather seats better and quicker.
And guess what? They do more harm than good.
Using a stiff brush on leather car seats will scrub and destroy them over time, and we all know how expensive it is to fix leather seats.
When cleaning car leather seats, you should be very gentle and careful to prevent damage.
What Type Of Brushes Should You Use On Leather Seats?
The general rule is that a leather cleaning brush should be soft and gentle.
So, even if you are in a rush and don’t have the time to order and wait for the best recommended leather cleaning brush, you can go to some Home Depot store and choose any soft and gentle leather cleaning brush available.
I was in a rush once and bought a brush for cleaning leather shoes. And I have to tell you that I was amazed by the results I got, and it was only around $5.
How To Use a Brush To Clean Leather Seats?
Using a brush to clean leather seats is pretty simple:
- Spray a leather cleaner both on the seat and on the brush.
- Use the brush and gently scrub the leather seat until you clean all the tiny pores, especially if it’s perforated leather.
- Wipe off the dirt with a clean microfiber cloth.
Pretty simple steps, right?
Frequently Asked Questions
Usually, you shouldn’t. However, if you have to clean perforated leather seats, then you might need it. The toothbrush also has to be very soft and gentle, though. Just don’t press it too much on the seat; ensure to be as gentle as possible.
I don’t recommend using drill brush attachments for cleaning leather car seats. First, they’ll be too stiff and may damage the leather. Second, you don’t need so much speed when brushing leather car seats.
A magic eraser can work great if seats are extremely dirty, but it won’t be able to enter all the pores like the brush could. So, only use it together with a brush, not as a dedicated leather cleaning tool.
I hope that you’ll like my recommendations up there. You can use these brushes to clean leather seats, leather steering wheels, even dashboard, plastics, and all other car interior parts.
Just one thought that came to my mind: you can use a leather cleaning brush to clean everything, but you can’t use all-purpose brushes to clean leather.