I know that sometimes many of you (Even me) get lost in thousands of different microfiber products, and we don’t know which one to choose.
There is no car detailing business that doesn’t have tons of microfiber products. In order to do a car detailing work properly, you’re going to need these microfiber cloths.
Today I decided to give you all the microfiber products you shall have to get the most out of the car detailing. It doesn’t matter if you do it as a hobby or as a business, you should check these microfiber cloths out and maybe get a few of them for your car detailing “arsenal”.
Different Microfibers For Different Parts
It does matter a lot what type of microfiber towel you shall use, depending on what part of your car you are cleaning. It can be anything from just a car wash, interior cleaning, drying the car (wiping off), washing wheels, etc.
To keep your car paint and other things safe, it’s important to have the microfiber cloth or towel that’s suitable for that purpose.
Also, it’s always better to choose a microfiber with a bigger GSM, at least 250. Furthermore, the microfibers with soft edges are very important when it comes to car detailing. That’s the reason I made this post and give you only the highest-quality ones.
The best types of microfiber towels for every car detailer are the following:
- All-Purpose Microfiber Towels
- Microfiber Towels for Glass Cleaning
- Drying Microfiber Towels
- Microfiber Wash Mitts
Best All-Purpose Microfiber Towel
This is the most common category, and you’ll need a lot of these, especially if you own a car detailing business. We use these cloths on so many different parts of the car, and they’ll serve well almost everywhere.
My recommendation for all-purpose microfiber towels is Chemical Guys Workhorse Professional Grade Microfiber Towels. The price is great, and you can also pick from many different colors, which is great for color-coding microfiber cloths.
- YOUR GO-TO TOWEL - Premium Workhorse Microfiber towels are the professional detailer’s go-to...
- SCRATCH-FREE WIPING - Workhorse Towels pick up and trap dirt and debris for soft scratch-free...
- LONG LASTING - The blend stays soft and absorbent through dozens of wash and dry cycles, and lasts...
What To Use All Purpose Microfiber Cloths For?
You are probably asking yourself this question, so I have to give you an answer. With these all-purpose microfiber towels, you can do everything.
Yes, you heard me right, you can get the whole job done by using only these, but for the best results and safety of the car, use them only for the following:
- Cleaning the car interior – you can clean the whole car interior with them. Car dashboard, seats, car headliner, carpets, etc.
- Wheels – since wheels are always the dirtiest part of the car, use them freely on that part. They won’t leave any scratches on your wheels.
- Detailing the engine – they are great for engine cleaning where the surface is very dirty.
- You can use these towels to apply polishers and waxes since these towels are very soft and plushy.
Those were the basic categories you shall use all-purpose microfiber towels. You can use them on other parts as well. Just remember to color code them, and wash them only with other all-purpose microfiber towels.
Best Microfiber Towel for Glass and Windows
Like I said before, you can use all-purpose towels for almost everything, but there are some things when you shall have different types of microfiber towels. Cleaning the glass surfaces on your car is one of those things.
I recommend you get the pack from Microfiber Wholesale Store, where you get 8 microfiber towel perfect for cleaning glass.
- Our Method Works! It's quick and easy. Plus, no more steaks and no more chemicals! The pack includes...
- First, clean the glass with a damp green cloth, then follow up with the dry lint free blue cloth....
- Environmentally friendly and healthier alternative to conventional spray and wipe method; get...
They have great reviews on Amazon, and also, the price is very affordable. With them, cleaning the windows, windshield and other glass surfaces will be much easier.
They aren’t as thick as all-purpose but it’s not needed for glass cleaning, so, be sure to have them in your “arsenal” too.
Best Microfiber Towel for Drying
This is one of the most important categories of microfiber towels. When drying the car, you want to dry it as soon as possible but without leaving any scratches on your car.
It’s especially important if you are washing your car on sunlight. With the microfiber drying towels, it’s gonna make your job much easier and quicker.
Drying towels are usually much thicker and larger than the other microfiber products, this way they can soak much more water and you can dry your car without squeezing the water out of cloth.
There is no doubt in this category, for me, the winner is The Gauntlet Microfiber Drying Towel by The Rag Company.
- PREMIUM PATENTED HYBRID TWIST LOOP for drying your vehicle quickly. Safely draws moisture away from...
- FASTER, SAFER DRYING - 70/30 blend 900gsm professional microfiber drying towel with over 500,000...
- FINEST QUALITY - 100% South Korean super plush AA-grade split microfiber. Long considered the...
- 900 GSM
- 500,000 fibers per square inch
- Scratch-free, lint-free and swirl-free
- 100% machine washable
- You can dry the whole car with it
- More sizes to choose from (recommended 20×30 inches)
I used to have Chemical Guys’ drying towel, but they are just too expensive and not so good.
Best Microfiber Wash Mitt
Microfiber Wash Mitts are used for washing the car. They are specifically made for car washing, and most of them you can attach to your hand for an even easier car wash.
For the wash mitts, I like using Meguiar’s X3002 Microfiber Wash Mitt. It’s just an amazing wash mitt and washing the car is very easy and with great results without scratches and swirls.
- Totally lint free
- Super soft
- Uses gentle wash action
- Carries a lot of suds for better wash
- It’s clear coat safe
- Lifts and traps dirt
- It’s machine washable
- Can be used a lot of times
- Size: 8×10 inches
Microfiber Towels are one of the most important things to have when you want to do a car detailing business. Whether you do it as a hobby or as a professional – detailing the car won’t be able without microfiber products.
These were my recommendations, everyone has its own choice, but with the products above, you won’t make a mistake.
Choosing the one or the other car interior cleaner isn’t so important, but when it comes to microfiber towels, you shall have only the best ones. Why?
Because low-quality microfiber towels can ruin the car paint and scratch surfaces. That’s the reason I don’t mind wasting a bit of extra money on microfiber towels – it’s still cheaper than fixing the car paint.