Even though cleaning the footrest, car clutch, brake, and gas pedals seems very easy, it can cause you many problems while detailing. The gas pedal’s grooves and crevices are like dust and dirt magnets.
I have my own way of cleaning car pedals, and I’m sharing it with you in this post. Also, this method works for all types of pedals, including aluminum ones.
- Cleaning car pedals and footrests is a simple 3-step process: spray, brush, wipe.
- For stuck dirt and mud, you should use a steam cleaner.
- If the pedals are damaged, I suggest buying aftermarket car pedals to make them look new again.
How To Clean Car Pedals and Footrests
I mentioned that a steam cleaner is optional. It’s because sometimes you can’t clean gas pedals with APC, brush, and towels. Hence, the steam cleaner will clean them in no time.
Steps I use to clean car pedals and footrest:
Sometimes, using an all-purpose cleaner or degreaser won’t be enough if the pedals are very filthy. In those situations, I always use a steam cleaner.
Recommended Steam Cleaner: Bissel Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner
The steam cleaner will break down all the dirt particles easily. Also, use a brush attachment if your steamer has it. It’s ten times easier that way.
After using a steam cleaner, wipe dry with a clean microfiber towel, and you’re done.
Yes, you could use a household detergent to clean the pedals and the footrest, but I always recommend using APC for the best results.
You shouldn’t use any protectants on car pedals. They could get slippery, which could lead you to danger while driving the car.
There isn’t a dedicated automotive pedal cleaner. Any all-purpose or interior cleaner will do the job, so you don’t have to purchase anything else. For aluminum pedals, you might find glass cleaners working the best, so keep that in mind.
Car Pedals Are Damaged – What To Do?
I’m sure that once you start cleaning car pedals if you drive an older car, they’ll probably be damaged already. That’s because the rubber starts to wear and tear, especially if you have neglected it for a few years.
In those situations, I suggest that you buy aluminum car pedals for your car’s model. That way, they’ll look like new again, and cleaning and maintenance are much easier with aluminum pedals.
I like to look for them on Amazon because there’s a wide range of pedals, and most of them aren’t expensive. Here are a few best sellers on Amazon.
- 【High Quality Material】Pedal mats are made of high-quality aluminum alloy material, which is…
- 【Anti-slip Design】The surface of the accelerator and brake pedal pad is designed with anti-slip…
- 【Easy to Install】The upgraded version of the non-slip car floor mat is easy to install, without…
- 【Safe and reliable】: When driving,skidding when you step on the gas or brake can be very…
- 【Perfect design】:Perfect design: Personalized style with 3 bright color to choose:red, blue and…
- 【Premium material】: The use of high-strength aluminum alloy is hard and not easily deformed and…
- Package Kit: Includes clutch pedal, brake pedal, and gas pedal cover cover, 3 pieces in total….
- High Quality Material: The pedal pad cover is made of high quality aluminum alloy and non-slip…
- Anti-skid Design: With anti-slip surface design for safe driving. The non-slip pedal increases the…
The installation process is simple. After buying, just attach them to your current car pedals, and you’re done. Some pedals will have small bolts to make them firmer, but most are just click-on.